This Page

has been moved to new address

When feeling good isn't!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: When feeling good isn't!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When feeling good isn't!

Ugh! Other than being tired (from lack of night time sleep) I feel great! Unfortunately my body has been informing me in the last couple days that I'm doing too much! Because I've been feeling so good, and even motivated to get things done around the house, I've been doing things. I've been cleaning, keeping up with dishes (using paper is helping with this dramatically), keeping the living room picked up (toys are constantly reappearing all over), etc. Oh, and picking up DS (all 27 pounds of him)... after all... they only meant "don't lift anything heavier than your newborn" while I still felt weak, right? Apparently not!

Day before yesterday my body began showing me that it isn't healed yet, and though I feel great, I still need to be taking it easy. So... time to back things off a bit. (Sad too, because I really want to be participating in some of the spring cleaning going on out there... and since when do I ever feel like cleaning?) These past couple days... yesterday and today... I've tried to stay off my feet a bit more. Still I've been able to keep up on dishes, picking up toys etc., and basic care of DS, but instead of accomplishing great tasks during nap time I'm submitting to my DH and laying down... even napping!

This afternoon it occurred to me that perhaps 27 pounds is too much to be lifting (since DD isn't quite 7 pounds yet). What is a mother (at home alone all day) to do when she can't lift her toddler? I tell you, it's not possible! If the rule is (and it is) that DS can't touch the bassinet, how else is he to see his sister (he is allowed to see her any time he wants, he just has to ask... not touch the bassinet to pull himself up) than to be lifted up? How am I to get him into his high chair? Or the crib? I changed his diaper on the floor this afternoon instead of the changing table, but still....

Thankfully, tomorrow is the last day I have to deal with it for a while. DH has Good Friday off, so he will be home Friday... and my mom gets here Friday night and will be with us all next week! :) No more lifting for me for a while. In the mean time though... anyone have any ideas??? I'd love some help to get me through the next day or so.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At March 19, 2008 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh, I know what you mean about feeling too good for your own good. :) I did the same things too - even when my Mom was with me to help! :) Then I always regretted it after she left that I hadn't used that time to catch up on my rest and take it easy because after she left, there was no going back...

One suggestion maybe...Can you locate your bassinette close enough to your bed that your son could crawl up (or step up with a stool) onto the bed and look at his sister that way?? That might eliminate at least that lifting for you.

 
At March 19, 2008 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

Girlfriend, your guess is as good as mine! And with Elijah's c-section, there was NO way I was allowed to lift Judah for AT LEAST two (probably 3 or 4) weeks. I could barely lift myself. :-P Family is your best bet -- or maybe several from your church could come over for a good part of DS's wake time. They could be on rotation.

The stool idea is a superb one in the meantime!

 
At March 20, 2008 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Irene said...

I think you had a good idea with changing your son on the floor. From time to time I feed my kids on a blanket on the floor. That gets me thinking...do you have a small stepstool that he can climb just to get him the hight of your arms that way you can just move him from side to side instead of a major lift? I am so glad that your mom will be there soon!

 
At March 20, 2008 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Is DS walking yet? I had the same problem, and I tried only to pick her up to put her in and out of her crib and high chair. I did not carry her anywhere. However, she is tall enough to look into Daniel's bassinet, so that was not an issue for us.

I had the same problem with Sarah Beth not eating. Out of frustration one night, we put the plate of food and her spoon on her high chair, and voila! She is now feeding herself and more importantly EATING!

 
At March 22, 2008 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Marva said...

No ideas......just prayers. Blessings sweet friend!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home